Trying to find low-cost insurance for a new or used Audi A8 in California could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to find lower rates.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Audi and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Chula Vista agents.
It’s important to do price comparisons occasionally because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best price on Audi A8 insurance in Chula Vista a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the easiest ways to find lower rates on insurance.
If you are already insured or need new coverage, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing protection. Quoting and comparing rates for the lowest cost insurance policy in Chula Vista is easy to do. Consumers only need to know the least time-consuming way to find the lowest price using one simple form.
Best companies for Audi A8 insurance
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Chula Vista, CA. In order to find cheap car insurance in California, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Audi A8 coverage analysis
The information below highlights estimates of rate quotes for Audi A8 models. Having insight into how policy rates are determined is important for you to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A8 4.2 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$310||$608||$450||$26||$134||$1,528||$127|
|A8 4.2L Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$336||$670||$450||$26||$134||$1,616||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise insurance rates noticeably.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The example below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders drive up Audi A8 insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Chula Vista
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
High credit score translates to low rates – Your credit history will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Audi A8 by improving your credit score. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit scores.
Rural areas have lower rates – Having an address in areas with lower population can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates. People who live in big cities have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
Less chance of injury means lower car insurance rates – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Audi A8 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Insurance losses for an Audi A8 – Auto insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when setting premium prices. Vehicles that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates.
The information below illustrates the loss history for Audi A8 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A8 4dr 4WD||289||108||261|
|Audi A8L 4dr 4WD||300||88||279||62|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you’re earning every discount
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on their website.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have lower insurance rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The diagram below compares Audi A8 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, defensive driver, accident-free, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, good student, anti-theft, and family plan.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- 21st Century discounts include 55 and older, air bags, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, and theft prevention.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for early shopping, business and professional, pay in full, mature driver, switch companies, and alternative fuel.
- Allstate offers discounts for resident student, anti-theft, auto/life discount, teenSMART discount, FullPay discount, and anti-lock brakes.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Chula Vista. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer free Audi A8 insurance quotes in California, click this link.
Insurance agencies near you
Some people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Chula Vista.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Chula Vista who will give you bids to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want a local Chula Vista insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Chula Vista can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, we recommend you compare prices from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Chula Vista that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- La Rosa Insurance Agency
1152 Third Ave – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 427-5950 – View Map
- Mexican Insurance Specialists
249 E St – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 420-8200 – View Map
- Robert Osorio Insurance
513 Windy Way – Chula Vista, CA 91914 – (619) 216-0991 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Chula Vista willing to provide rate quotes.
- Joe Finch – State Farm Insurance Agent
3060 Bonita Rd #101a – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 569-2220 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brian Konishi
45 Third Ave Ste 104 – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 426-6580 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Vega Julio V
799 Third Ave – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 426-0554 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Chula Vista?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
The best rates come from being thorough
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim and high prices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Audi A8 insurance in Chula Vista. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Steps to saving on Audi A8 insurance in Chula Vista
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Chula Vista is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in California.
- Get an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Once received, put the new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Postal Workers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)