It’s hard to believe, but the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Most drivers in the United States could save nearly 46.5% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare other rate quotes.
To save the most money, the best way to save money on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Chula Vista is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in California.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Learn How to Find Car Insurance at a Discount
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings. Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- City traffic equals higher prices – Having an address in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Residents of big cities regularly have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Older drivers save more – Young drivers in California have a tendency to be easily distracted in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Adding a inexperienced driver to your car insurance policy can really hurt. More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
The data below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Credit rating impacts premiums – Your credit rating is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Hyundai Tucson by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
Men pay higher costs – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders tend to get into at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. They also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
The chart below shows the difference between Hyundai Tucson insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles to save – Your deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Loss statistics for a Hyundai Tucson – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data determines to have increased losses will be charged more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Hyundai Tucson vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Hyundai Tucson Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Hyundai Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Tucson 4dr 2WD 80 96 66 108 110 101 Hyundai Tucson 4dr 4WD 82 102 70 109 109 109BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Hyundai Tucson coverage statistics
The premium information displayed below outlines different insurance costs for Hyundai Tucson models. Having a good understanding how rate quotes are determined can benefit drivers when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tucson GLS 2WD||$340||$472||$578||$34||$174||$1,598||$133|
|Tucson GLS 4WD||$390||$472||$578||$34||$174||$1,648||$137|
|Tucson Limited 2WD||$390||$576||$578||$34||$174||$1,752||$146|
|Tucson Limited 4WD||$390||$576||$578||$34||$174||$1,752||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Chula Vista which can change price quotes substantially.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Hyundai Tucson insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can impact Hyundai Tucson auto insurance rates for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cheaper Chula Vista insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is expensive, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but a few must be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Tucson insurance in Chula Vista.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable companies to study vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your policy premium.
The information below compares Hyundai Tucson car insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
To locate insurers with discount insurance rates in California, follow this link.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced Hyundai Tucson insurance in Chula Vista is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Chula Vista agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
When you buy Chula Vista auto insurance online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is not as hard as you think.
More tips and info about insurance is available by following these links:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Government Employees in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)