The best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Chula Vista is to compare prices once a year from providers in California. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Learn about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for the details to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and to quote with every company you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who compare rates annually are inclined to switch to a new company because the odds are good of getting low-cost coverage. A study showed that people who compared prices once a year saved over $850 each year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Buick Regal insurance is why you’re reading this, then knowing how to quote prices and compare auto insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Chula Vista is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the tips covered below. Smart buyers just have to know the tricks to buy car insurance over the internet.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Buick Regal Insurance Premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower rates.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Consolidate and save – Most larger insurance companies afford better rates to insureds that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare Buick Regal rates in Chula Vista to ensure the best deal.
- Premiums impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive your Buick every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Regal may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- A policy lapse is a bad thing – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Do women or men drive better? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Females and males have accidents at a similar rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers cause the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Driving citations can increase rates – Just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Drivers with license-revoking citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
Claims statistics for a Buick Regal – Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the loss history for Buick Regal vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Buick Regal Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Buick Regal insurance in Chula Vista
Companies do not list the entire discount list very well, so we took the time to find both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some auto insurance companies give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Chula Vista auto insurance quote.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Chula Vista Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can get you a discount since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your overall bill.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, accident-free, multiple autos, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for bundle discounts, homeowner, multi-car, early shopping, business and professional, and youthful driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including company car, paperless, mature driver, good student, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, anti-theft, air bag, good student, bundle, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
- Farm Bureau has savings for 55 and retired, good student, safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA includes discounts for multi-vehicle, driver training, defensive driver, new vehicle, family discount, vehicle storage, and annual mileage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Chula Vista. To see insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Smart consumers save more
Low-cost Buick Regal insurance in Chula Vista can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Chula Vista, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high prices, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)