Everyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest rate will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because they have a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent insurance study discovered that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance is your goal, knowing how to quote prices and compare auto insurance can help make the process easier.
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable Cadillac ATS insurance is to annually compare prices from providers that sell auto insurance in Chula Vista.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper ATS coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new insurer. Immediately put the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Cheap Chula Vista Cadillac ATS insurance rate quotes online
When comparing car insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Chula Vista, CA. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Chula Vista, CA, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get cheaper Cadillac ATS insurance in Chula Vista with discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model is cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a safe driver course may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, passive restraint, student away at school, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, good student, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, good driver, and online quote.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and air bag.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts might not apply in every state. If you would like to view companies with discount rates in Chula Vista, follow this link.
Chula Vista Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find better auto insurance rates.
Keep auto insurance claims to a minimum – If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in California award most affordable rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Lower rates for married couples – Having a wife or husband may save some money on your auto insurance policy. Marriage means you’re more stable financially and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Most insurers allow better rates to clients who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare Cadillac ATS rates in Chula Vista to ensure the best deal.
Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Loss probability for a Cadillac ATS – Companies use statistical claims data when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies can help
Certain consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Chula Vista who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Below are agents in Chula Vista that may be willing to give price quotes for Cadillac ATS insurance in Chula Vista.
- Cordova Insurance Agency, Inc.
2260 Main St #8 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 585-3470 – View Map
- Fred Hetter – State Farm Insurance Agent
265 E St Suite B – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 420-9430 – View Map
- Fletes Insurance and Financial Services
2127 Olympic Pkwy #1006 – Chula Vista, CA 91915 – (619) 616-0037 – View Map
- Lee Meyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
826 Starboard St – Chula Vista, CA 91914 – (619) 656-5020 – View Map
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
How to find a good Chula Vista auto insurance company
Buying coverage from a highly-rated auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in California. The information shown next may help you choose which companies you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Chula Vista Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Chula Vista Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Smart consumers save more
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce Cadillac ATS insurance premium rates online in Chula Vista. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chula Vista Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chula Vista Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chula Vista Car Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)