Unbelievable but true according to a study most consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Consumers in California could save themselves roughly $469 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't believe the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Chula Vista is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in California. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more ideas to prevent high prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Chula Vista. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. Immediately keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable prices in California
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Chula Vista, CA. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in California, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get discounts to get affordable Chula Vista car insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If they aren't giving you every credit available, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers can save substantially in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance carriers have better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Paperless Signup - A few companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on your computer.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, multiple policy, anti-theft, safe vehicle, driver's education, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, seat belt use, multi-policy, daytime running lights, air bags, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, newly retired, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, good student, and new graduate.
- The Hartford offers discounts for good student, air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
If you want cheaper Chula Vista car insurance quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your state. To locate providers that offer many of these discounts in Chula Vista, click here.
Neighborhood Chula Vista auto insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is especially important in Chula Vista.
Once you complete this short form, your information is immediately sent to companies in Chula Vista that provide free Chula Vista car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of Chula Vista car insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Chula Vista can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Chula Vista that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Mexican Insurance Specialists
249 E St - Chula Vista, CA 91910 - (619) 420-8200 - View Map
- American Tri-Star Insurance Services
401 H St #10 - Chula Vista, CA 91910 - (619) 827-0522 - View Map
- Elect Insurance Center
1229 Third Ave c - Chula Vista, CA 91911 - (619) 425-3532 - View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent partially due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive agencies in Chula Vista who can help you get price quote information.
- Bruce Anderson - State Farm Insurance Agent
871 Harold Pl #109 - Chula Vista, CA 91914 - (619) 422-3333 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Candy Raya
985 Broadway j - Chula Vista, CA 91911 - (619) 691-8111 - View Map
- Mark G Witcher - State Farm Insurance Agent
945 Otay Lakes Rd k - Chula Vista, CA 91913 - (619) 656-4200 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. A good agent in Chula Vista will have answers to these questions.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Upon getting good responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide auto insurance. But keep in mind you are entitled to cancel your coverage at any point so never feel that you are permanently stuck with the auto insurance policy with no way out.
Best auto insurance company in California
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Chula Vista. The company information in the lists below could help you select which car insurance companies to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Chula Vista Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Car insurance coverages for an Acura TLX
Knowing the specifics of insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) - Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills like prosthetic devices, nursing services and pain medications. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance - Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, hail damage, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage - Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your TLX resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your TLX to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) - This gives you protection when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Acura TLX.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (California limits are 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Auto liability - This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things such as bail bonds, court costs, medical services and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Persistence will pay off
Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Discount Acura TLX insurance is available online as well as from independent agents in Chula Vista, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Acura TLX insurance rates online in Chula Vista. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Chula Vista car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Chula Vista Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chula Vista Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chula Vista Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)