Have you had enough of wondering where the money will come from to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as millions of other consumers.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most consumers in California have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can cut their rates by nearly 46.5% a year, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
With so many different company options, it can be challenging to locate the right insurance company.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Chula Vista
Companies do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to scrutinize driving habits through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Driver Safety – Taking a defensive driving course may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting car insurance coverage on a new Silverado can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the premium cost.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado insurance rates with and without discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, good driver, driver’s education, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, defensive driver, and good driver.
- AAA discounts include good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, good student, anti-theft, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, good driver, ease of repair, anti-theft, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for alternative fuel, teen driver, business and professional, good student, distant student, homeowner, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
When quoting, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policies in Chula Vista. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer discounts in Chula Vista, click this link.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes provides better odds of finding lower pricing. Some companies don’t provide online price quotes, so it’s important to also get prices from them, too.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in California. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in CA, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Data for Chevy Silverado insurance
The rate table shown below highlights estimates of insurance policy prices for Chevy Silverado models. Having a better understanding of how insurance prices are formulated can assist in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$220||$350||$514||$30||$154||$1,268||$106|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$220||$350||$456||$26||$136||$1,188||$99|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$252||$426||$514||$30||$154||$1,376||$115|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$252||$426||$514||$30||$154||$1,376||$115|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$252||$426||$456||$26||$136||$1,296||$108|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$252||$426||$456||$26||$136||$1,296||$108|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$252||$426||$514||$30||$154||$1,376||$115|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$252||$426||$514||$30||$154||$1,376||$115|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$286||$502||$456||$26||$136||$1,406||$117|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$286||$502||$514||$30||$154||$1,486||$124|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$286||$502||$456||$26||$136||$1,406||$117|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$286||$502||$514||$30||$154||$1,486||$124|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$286||$502||$514||$30||$154||$1,486||$124|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$286||$502||$456||$26||$136||$1,406||$117|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$286||$502||$514||$30||$154||$1,486||$124|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$286||$502||$456||$26||$136||$1,406||$117|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$286||$580||$456||$26||$136||$1,484||$124|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$318||$580||$456||$26||$136||$1,516||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise rates noticeably.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can change Chevy Silverado insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and accidents can drive up Chevy Silverado car insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Silverado liability-only versus full coverage
The example below compares Chevy Silverado car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no exact formula to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy Silverado replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance agents can help
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Chula Vista.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Chula Vista who will return price quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Auto insurance agents in Chula Vista come in two varieties
When finding a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you contact a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Chula Vista who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Chula Vista that are able to give comparison quotes.
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which family members are covered?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Do the work, save more money
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies is easier than you think.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Chevy Silverado insurance in Chula Vista. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from an unexpected company.
Cheap Chevy Silverado insurance in Chula Vista can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Chula Vista, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
How to find lower priced Chevy Silverado insurance in Chula Vista
Really, the only way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Chula Vista is to regularly compare quotes from insurers that insure vehicles in California.
- Step 1: Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Chula Vista. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)