It's hard to fathom, but a large majority of insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in Chula Vista could save $469 each year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Chula Vista is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as traffic citations and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
This information will teach you a little about the best way to quote coverages and also pocket some savings If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. But California consumers do need to know the methods companies use to determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Chula Vista is to know all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information including the make and model of your vehicles, types of safety features, your job, and if you lease or own. Your rating data gets transmitted to multiple top-rated companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To get price quotes for your Chevy Cruze now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Chula Vista, CA. To find cheap auto insurance in Chula Vista, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discount Chula Vista insurance quotes
Some providers do not advertise the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Professional Memberships - Joining a civic or occupational organization in Chula Vista may earn a discount on your bill.
- Chula Vista Homeowners Pay Less - Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because it shows financial diligence.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it's just not the way it works. But all discounts will reduce your policy premiums.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver's education, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple autos, good student, and accident-free.
- American Family includes discounts for good driver, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, military active duty, air bags, emergency military deployment, and good student.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include homeowners, student driver, early bird, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, and teen driver.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
Check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not be available in your area. To choose insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Chula Vista, click here to view.
Chula Vista Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that go into determining your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- With age comes lower premiums - Older drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers tend to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Where you live can influence costs - Living in a rural area can save you money when buying auto insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and more severe claims. The longer drive time statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Costs increase with policy add-ons - Policies have optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your auto insurance policy. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing, and motor club memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if you don't need them get rid of them and save.
- Deter theft and save money - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
Claims statistics for a Chevy Cruze - Insurers analyze historical claim data when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that tend to have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying insurance from Chula Vista auto insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Chula Vista.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below are Chula Vista auto insurance companies that may be willing to give rate quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Chula Vista.
- California Brokerage Insurance
355 K St - Chula Vista, CA 91911 - (619) 420-8888 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Charles Phillips
642 3rd Ave a - Chula Vista, CA 91910 - (619) 585-3484 - View Map
- State Farm: Danny Patel
345 F St #160 - Chula Vista, CA 91910 - (619) 426-8352 - View Map
- Adriana's Insurance Services
1090 3rd Ave #5 - Chula Vista, CA 91911 - (619) 591-1540 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn't rely on just a low price. Any agent in Chula Vista should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you get positive responses for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found a company that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles.
Auto insurance can get complicated
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. You are unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Quote more to save more
When you buy Chula Vista car insurance online, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
The cheapest Chevy Cruze insurance in Chula Vista can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Chula Vista agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Chula Vista, CA? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chula Vista Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)