The best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Chula Vista is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in California. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper SS coverage is available in Chula Vista. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Drivers in California can cut their rates by approximately 35% a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they just switched companies.
Finding and buying affordable coverage in Chula Vista is actually quite simple. Virtually anyone who needs cheaper insurance will most likely be able to cut their insurance bill. Although California consumers can benefit from knowing the way companies price online insurance because rates are impacted by many factors.
When shopping for inexpensive Chula Vista auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from different companies. The quickest method to find the cheapest Chevy SS insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
It’s important to know that comparing a wide range of rates helps improve the odds of finding better pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give online price quotes, so it’s important to compare prices from them, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Three reasons to insure your SS
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy SS and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable Chula Vista car insurance rates with discounts
Companies do not advertise all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Online Discount – A handful of car insurance companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used SS is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts should definitely cut the amount you have to pay.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, federal employee, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, and air bags.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including claim-free, good student, defensive driver, good driver, and accident-free.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, anti-theft, good driver, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for ease of repair, anti-theft, good student, multi-car, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, and accident-free.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, air bags, early bird, and driver training.
- Allstate offers discounts including eSmart discount, passive restraint, EZ pay plan discount, anti-lock brakes, and premier discount.
Double check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your state. To choose insurers who offer cheap Chevy SS insurance quotes in California, click here to view.
Do I need special coverages?
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Local agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Chula Vista.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Chula Vista that provide free Chula Vista auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Two types of Chula Vista auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Chula Vista that may be able to provide pricing information.
- Cordova Insurance Agency, Inc.
2260 Main St #8 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 585-3470 – View Map
- Hotwire Insurance
555 Broadway #2018 – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (877) 221-0676 – View Map
- Eastlake Insurance Services
884 Eastlake Pkwy # 1626 – Chula Vista, CA 91914 – (619) 216-6100 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following are Chula Vista exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Barry L. St. Onge
651 3rd Ave a – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 426-7885 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance Group, Julio V. Vega
541 H St – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 426-0554 – View Map
- Fred Hetter – State Farm Insurance Agent
265 E St Suite B – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 420-9430 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Chula Vista should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses such as EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and prosthetic devices. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your SS from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible on your SS to bring the cost down.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as court costs, attorney fees, loss of income and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Chevy SS.
Since many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5 in California), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a broken windshield, hitting a bird, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Cheap coverage is out there
We just showed you a lot of information how to save on Chevy SS insurance in Chula Vista. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Chula Vista auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Cost effective Chevy SS insurance is possible on the web and with local Chula Vista insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal and high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is easier than you think.
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chula Vista Car Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)