Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for cheaper auto insurance rates in Chula Vista, CA? Chula Vista drivers have many options when trying to find the lowest priced Dodge Journey insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the best way to quote coverages on a Dodge and obtain the best price possible.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need new coverage, you can learn to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. The goal of this article is to introduce you to the most effective ways to compare rates. Consumers just have to know the best way to shop for car insurance from many different companies.
Low Cost companies for Dodge Journey insurance in California
The following companies offer quotes in California. To buy cheap auto insurance in California, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Dodge Journey coverage analysis
The table shown next showcases a range of coverage costs for Dodge Journey models. Being able to understand how insurance policy premiums are established is important to be able to make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$238||$392||$500||$30||$150||$1,310||$109|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$238||$478||$500||$30||$150||$1,396||$116|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$270||$478||$500||$30||$150||$1,428||$119|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$270||$478||$500||$30||$150||$1,428||$119|
|Journey SXT AWD||$270||$478||$500||$30||$150||$1,428||$119|
|Journey R/T AWD||$270||$564||$500||$30||$150||$1,514||$126|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$270||$564||$500||$30||$150||$1,514||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can raise or lower prices substantially.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Dodge Journey annual premium costs for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of age and gender on car insurance rates
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Journey premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below shows the difference between Dodge Journey car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive formula to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Journey book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
The Dodge Journey Insurance Cost Equation
Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but some are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Cheaper rates with high physical damage deductibles - Physical damage insurance, also called 'full coverage', is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and having your car stolen. Physical damage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Better drivers pay better costs - Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Only having one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders increase Dodge Journey insurance rates for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Too many policy claims drive up rates - Companies in California provide the best rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating - Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Dodge Journey is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Your career may increase rates - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations like lawyers, business owners, and accountants are shown to have the highest average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and long work hours. Other occupations like farmers, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Add-on coverages can add up - Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can buy if you aren't diligent. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but if you've never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Insurance losses for a Dodge Journey - Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The information below illustrates the loss history for Dodge Journey vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Dodge Journey Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Journey 4dr 2WD 80 92 80 148 163 131 Dodge Journey 4dr 4WD 96 116 71 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Dodge Journey insurance in Chula Vista with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about before being credited.
- Seat Belts Save - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Senior Discount - Seniors can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Passing a course teaching driver safety skills may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a deployed family member may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Chula Vista car insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds who allow driving data submission to analyze their driving habits by using a telematics device such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way. But any discount should help lower your car insurance premiums.
The diagram below compares Dodge Journey insurance costs with and without discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, air bags, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, paperless, paid in full, teen driver, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- American Family has discounts for bundled insurance, accident-free, early bird, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- Esurance may have discounts that include emergency road assistance, renters, anti-lock brakes, claim free, defensive driver, online quote, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
- AAA has savings for good driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. Savings may not be offered in Chula Vista. To see a list of providers who offer discounts in California, click here to view.
Compare prices but work with a local Chula Vista insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won't need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Which family members are covered?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Chula Vista for you
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they work. Auto insurance agencies can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both handle auto insurance, but it is important to understand why they differ because it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are highly trained on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Listed below are Chula Vista exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Vanessa Coffeen Mcevoy
569 3rd Ave #104 - Chula Vista, CA 91910 - (619) 422-9223 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Barry L. St. Onge
651 3rd Ave a - Chula Vista, CA 91910 - (619) 426-7885 - View Map
- Lee Meyer - State Farm Insurance Agent
826 Starboard St - Chula Vista, CA 91914 - (619) 656-5020 - View Map
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to check rates from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Chula Vista that are able to give price quotes.
- Insurance Place - Chula Vista
713 Broadway # A - Chula Vista, CA 91910 - (619) 409-7650 - View Map
- Elect Insurance Center
1229 Third Ave c - Chula Vista, CA 91911 - (619) 425-3532 - View Map
- California Brokerage Insurance
355 K St - Chula Vista, CA 91911 - (619) 420-8888 - View Map
If you get good responses and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide auto insurance.
Different people need different insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone's needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Persistent drivers can save
Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies. Low-cost Dodge Journey insurance in Chula Vista is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to quoting cheaper Dodge Journey insurance in Chula Vista
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to quote cheaper Dodge Journey insurance in Chula Vista is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who sell auto insurance in California.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Chula Vista. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Impreza in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)