Really, the only way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates in Chula Vista is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in California. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like traffic violations and poor credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies. Find a Chula Vista insurance agent
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. Immediately place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze every company you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. Chula Vista drivers could save an average of up to 35% each year, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare other rate quotes.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Our objective in writing this article is to let you in on the best methods to compare rates and some tricks to saving. But California vehicle owners must know how companies price online insurance and use it to find better rates.
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from local Chula Vista car insurance companies. By far the easiest way to compare rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find better pricing.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Chula Vista, CA. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Chula Vista, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The premium table displayed below covers different insurance costs for Dodge Dakota models. Understanding how auto insurance policy rates are figured can benefit drivers when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$230||$478||$520||$30||$156||$1,414||$118|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$230||$478||$520||$30||$156||$1,414||$118|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$262||$478||$520||$30||$156||$1,446||$121|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$262||$478||$520||$30||$156||$1,446||$121|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$262||$562||$520||$30||$156||$1,530||$128|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$262||$562||$520||$30||$156||$1,530||$128|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$296||$562||$520||$30||$156||$1,564||$130|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$296||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,422||$119|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$296||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,422||$119|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$296||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,422||$119|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$330||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,456||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower coverage prices substantially.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Dodge Dakota yearly insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The example below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents raise Dodge Dakota yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Male drivers compared to female drivers in Chula Vista
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Dakota insurance prices for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Protect more than your Dodge Dakota
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Dakota in Chula Vista, insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
The Dodge Dakota Insurance Cost Equation
Many things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- How much liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Save money by eliminating add-on coverages – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Coverages like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
Auto insurance rates and age – Beginning drivers in California have been known to be easily distracted when driving with friends so auto insurance rates are higher. Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The data below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Vehicle risk impacts costs – The type of vehicle you own makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Small economy passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The data below uses these assumptions: single female driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Dodge Dakota rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
- Do you really need to file those policy claims? – Auto insurance companies in California generally give lower rates to people who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most larger insurance companies will give lower prices to clients that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Where you call home plays a part – Choosing to live in a small town may provide you with better prices when buying auto insurance. Urban drivers regularly have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
Affordable rates with discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Dakota insurance in Chula Vista.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Driver Safety – Passing a defensive driving class could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Chula Vista auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Dakota may earn a small discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in California, click this link.
You may need advice from an insurance agency
A small number of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Chula Vista.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Chula Vista auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Chula Vista for you
If you are searching for a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Chula Vista that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- Fred Loya Insurance
1177 Broadway STE 21 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 422-7500 – View Map
- Insurance Place – Chula Vista
713 Broadway # A – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 409-7650 – View Map
- California Brokerage Insurance
355 K St – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 420-8888 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the brand rather than low rates.
The following are Chula Vista exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Francisco Moreno
2471 Main St #19 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 476-1066 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Alfredo Contreras
2318 Proctor Valley Rd #102 – Chula Vista, CA 91914 – (619) 505-2040 – View Map
- Bernardo Vasquez – State Farm Insurance Agent
460 3rd Ave a – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 425-6560 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
California car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with a high-quality auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in California. The company rank data below can help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at when shopping your coverage around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
Lower-priced Dodge Dakota insurance in Chula Vista can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service and high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Dodge Dakota insurance in Chula Vista. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Dodge Dakota rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a small local company.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)