It’s hard to believe, but nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. California drivers can save roughly 35% each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The easiest way to find cheaper quotes for Ford Flex insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Chula Vista. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many things that drive up the price like careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover the details to prevent rate hikes and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Flex insurance in Chula Vista. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new policy. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Companies offering Ford Flex insurance in California
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Chula Vista, CA. To locate the cheapest car insurance in California, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The rate information below showcases detailed analysis of rate quotes for Ford Flex models. Learning how premiums are determined can help guide drivers when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Flex SE 2WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|Flex SEL 2WD||$296||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,422||$119|
|Flex SEL AWD||$330||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,456||$121|
|Flex Limited 2WD||$330||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,456||$121|
|Flex Limited AWD||$330||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,456||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower premiums greatly.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can change Ford Flex annual premium costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Ford Flex car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below shows the comparison of Ford Flex car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The costs are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive guideline for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford Flex claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Do you qualify for discounts on Ford Flex insurance in Chula Vista?
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Early and Save – Some car insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Flex insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Chula Vista auto insurance online.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford Flex premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- Travelers may have discounts that include student away at school, driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, payment discounts, multi-policy, and IntelliDrive.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for early bird, good student, theft prevention, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, and 55 and older.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, defensive driving training, good student, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO discounts include multi-car, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and teen safe driver.
- AAA has savings for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, and education and occupation.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Buying from insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheaper premium rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is definitely important in Chula Vista.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Chula Vista who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will they give you a referral list?
How to find a good California auto insurance company
Picking the top auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Chula Vista. The company rank data in the lists below may help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider shopping prices with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Affordable auto insurance rates are available
Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Discount Ford Flex insurance can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Chula Vista, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
We covered some good ideas how to find cheaper Ford Flex insurance in Chula Vista. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Chula Vista auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Much more information about auto insurance in California is available at these links:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)