The preferred way to get the cheapest Volvo V60 insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Chula Vista. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates like your driving record and a negative credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, place your new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Chula Vista drivers could save themselves up to $470 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Cheapest car insurance in Chula Vista, CA
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Chula Vista, CA. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in California, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Chula Vista insurance discounts for a Volvo V60
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you quote, but some need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a class that teaches defensive driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- 21st Century has discounts for early bird, student driver, air bags, anti-lock brakes, good student, and 55 and older.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, passive restraint, defensive driving training, multiple autos, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA has savings for AAA membership discount, good driver, good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including safety features, newly married, multi-policy, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, and new vehicle discount.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
When getting free Chula Vista auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your state.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
- No auto insurance claims equals lower premiums – If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance companies in California generally give the best rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. People that have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volvo V60 by improving your credit score.
- Are you male or female? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. They both have auto accidents at a similar rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Insurance losses for a Volvo V60 – Car insurance companies use statistical claims data when determining insurance prices. Models that the data determines to have increased losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volvo V60 vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Volvo V60 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo V60 2WD 68 53 Volvo V60 4WD 136 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Is my Volvo V60 covered for flood damage?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some consumers still like to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to companies in Chula Vista that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Chula Vista
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Chula Vista can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in Chula Vista who may provide you with price quote information.
- Mark G Witcher – State Farm Insurance Agent
945 Otay Lakes Rd k – Chula Vista, CA 91913 – (619) 656-4200 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Melissa Talbot
885 Canarios Ct #104 – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 781-8716 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Charles Phillips
642 3rd Ave a – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 585-3484 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Chula Vista that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Insurance Place – Chula Vista
713 Broadway # A – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 409-7650 – View Map
- Hotwire Insurance
555 Broadway #2018 – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (877) 221-0676 – View Map
- Daylight Insurance Brokerage
900 Lane Ave #128 – Chula Vista, CA 91914 – (619) 240-7164 – View Map
California auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated company can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Chula Vista. The company information listed below could help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Chula Vista Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Chula Vista Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Cheaper rates are available
When getting Chula Vista auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost.
Discount Volvo V60 insurance in Chula Vista can be sourced online in addition to many Chula Vista insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
More detailed insurance information is located in these articles:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Much is Chula Vista Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)