If you’re new to shopping for Chula Vista car insurance quotes online, chances are good that you are baffled by the vast number of companies offering coverage in Chula Vista.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who do rate comparisons are highly likely to switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. A recent study showed that people who routinely shopped around saved $860 a year compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Dodge Stratus insurance in Chula Vista is your objective, then learning a little about how to choose a company and compare car insurance can save time and money.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates quite often because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest price on Dodge Stratus insurance in Chula Vista six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the things you must know in order to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Dodge Stratus insurance in Chula Vista.
How Your Stratus Insurance Rates are Determined
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower rates.
Listed below are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Avoid policy lapses – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to increase your auto insurance rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Coverages for rental car coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Accidents mean higher rates – Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Only having one citation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have serious citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Lower coverage deductibles cost more – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices are generally reserved for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – Liability insurance will protect you when you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Minor frequent policy claims are not good – Companies in California award discounts to people who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The more you drive your Dodge in a year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your Stratus can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Ratings for Chula Vista car insurance companies
Buying coverage from a good quality insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in California. The ranking information in the lists below could help you pick which providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
Budget-conscious Dodge Stratus insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Chula Vista, so you need to shop Chula Vista car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service or lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Steps to finding affordable Dodge Stratus insurance in Chula Vista
To save the most money, the best way to save on car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from companies that insure vehicles in Chula Vista.
- Try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as inattentive driving and a poor credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)