Unbelievable but true, most consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Chula Vista can save up to $469 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t know how much they could save if they changed companies.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable Fiat 500 insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in Chula Vista. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, careless driving and your credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives more details to help keep rates affordable and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper 500 coverage is available in Chula Vista. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This ensures a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Finding affordable coverage in Chula Vista is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of how to compare prices online from multiple companies.
Smart Buyers Know How to Quote Insurance Cheaper
Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Fiat 500 has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Bundle policies with the same company – Most larger companies apply better rates to people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Higher coverage deductibles lower costs – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage from wind. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Car features impact prices – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent car theft.
- Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car or truck you own makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Better drivers pay less – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- With age comes lower costs – Inexperience drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a first-time driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
Insurance loss statistics a Fiat 500 – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that statistically have increased losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Fiat 500 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Chula Vista auto insurance quote.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Chula Vista auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Online Discount – Many companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on the web.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a safe driver course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts include:
Check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Chula Vista.
Which car insurance company is best in California?
Selecting the top insurer is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Chula Vista. The ranking information displayed below could help you choose which providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Chula Vista Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Chula Vista Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Affordable coverage is out there
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Fiat 500 insurance in Chula Vista. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, policy non-renewal and even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
Budget-friendly insurance in Chula Vista can be sourced both online in addition to many Chula Vista insurance agents, so you need to quote Chula Vista auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance is located at these sites:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)