Ford Focus insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. People who perform rate comparisons will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that people who routinely compared rates saved about $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving money on Ford Focus insurance is your target objective, then learning about how to find and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from companies in Chula Vista.
- Try to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for the details to help keep prices low and find overlooked discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Focus coverage is available in Chula Vista. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Locating the best rates in Chula Vista is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have coverage now or need a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Consumers only need an understanding of the most effective way to shop online.
Cheap companies for Ford Focus insurance in California
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Chula Vista, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Ford Focus insurance statistics and information
The rate table displayed below outlines different insurance costs for Ford Focus models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy rates are figured can assist in making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$564||$500||$30||$150||$1,500||$125|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$564||$500||$30||$150||$1,500||$125|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$664||$500||$30||$150||$1,600||$133|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$664||$500||$30||$150||$1,600||$133|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$294||$664||$564||$34||$168||$1,724||$144|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$294||$664||$564||$34||$168||$1,724||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can affect premium rates noticeably.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can change Ford Focus annual premium costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can increase Ford Focus car insurance rates for each age group. The data is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The information below compares Ford Focus insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Focus book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing you more than $200 annually for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Chula Vista
Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
Low comp and collision deductibles mean high rates - Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense you're willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Do you know you're credit rating? - Your credit history can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating is low, you may save money insuring your Ford Focus if you clean up your credit. People with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with worse credit.
Cheap prices for being claim-free - Insurance companies in California provide cheaper rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Multiple policies with one company - Lots of companies will award lower prices to policyholders who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's always a smart idea to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Lower rates for cars with good safety ratings - Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Ford Focus is rated at a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
Where you call home is a factor - Living in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
How much liability protection - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if ever you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Claims statistics for a Ford Focus - Insurers analyze past claim statistics to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that historically have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates.
The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford Focus vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Focus Electric||87||85||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Chula Vista insurance discounts for a Ford Focus
Companies offering auto insurance don't list every discount available very well, so we researched a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Chula Vista car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Onboard Data Collection - Chula Vista drivers who agree to allow companies to monitor driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a slight reduction on a Chula Vista car insurance quote.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Student in College - Kids who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Save with a New Car - Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Focus premium costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
For a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Chula Vista car insurance agent
Many people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Chula Vista who will give you quotes to get your business. You never need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How long have they been in business?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they work. Agencies in Chula Vista are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Chula Vista who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to get several quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Chula Vista that are able to give rate quotes.
Robert Osorio Insurance
513 Windy Way - Chula Vista, CA 91914 - (619) 216-0991 - View Map
How to find a good Chula Vista auto insurance company
Choosing a high-quality insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in California. The ranking information shown next could help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Chula Vista Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance - 95%
- USAA - 94%
- AAA of Southern California - 92%
- AAA Insurance - 91%
- Nationwide - 90%
- State Farm - 90%
- The Hartford - 89%
- GEICO - 89%
- The General - 88%
- 21st Century - 88%
Top 10 Chula Vista Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you could use an agent's help.
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Don't give up on affordable rates
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More affordable car insurance in Chula Vista can be sourced online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer online quoting and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
As you quote Chula Vista car insurance, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
More information can be read at the links below
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chula Vista Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)