Really, the only way to find discount car insurance rates in Chula Vista is to regularly compare quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in California.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that increase rates such as inattentive driving and a low credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
A recent survey discovered that the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers could cut their rates by about $850 a year by just shopping around, but they won’t spend time to compare rates.
The quickest way to get rate comparisons for Honda Clarity insurance in Chula Vista is to know the trick car insurance companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. All you need to do is give them some information like deductibles desired, how you use your vehicles, driver details, and whether you have decent credit. Your rating data is automatically sent to multiple auto insurance providers and you will receive price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To find the cheapest Honda Clarity insurance rates, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Chula Vista, CA. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Chula Vista, CA, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Slash rates with these eight discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will help reduce your policy cost.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, driver training, anti-theft, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, accident-free, student away at school, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for renters, multi-policy, paid-in-full, multi-car, good student, DriveSense, and Pac-12 alumni.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Chula Vista.
Choosing Honda Clarity insurance is an important decision
Even though Chula Vista Clarity insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will force you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
Certain consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Different types of Chula Vista auto insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Chula Vista agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents of this type can only write with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Chula Vista who can help you get price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Raul Paredes
208 3rd Ave – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 651-1900 – View Map
- Fred Hetter – State Farm Insurance Agent
265 E St Suite B – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 420-9430 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Alfredo Contreras
2318 Proctor Valley Rd #102 – Chula Vista, CA 91914 – (619) 505-2040 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you should always get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Chula Vista that can give you comparison quotes.
- Robert Osorio Insurance
513 Windy Way – Chula Vista, CA 91914 – (619) 216-0991 – View Map
- Garrison Insurance Agency, Inc
553 Telegraph Canyon Rd – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Fred Loya Insurance
1177 Broadway STE 21 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 422-7500 – View Map
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Car insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for dental work, surgery, prosthetic devices, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hitting a bird, a broken windshield, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Clarity caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Clarity to get cheaper collision coverage.
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Honda Clarity.
Since many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.