How many times have you put off comparing quotes for more affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Chula Vista? Did you come to the realization that you have an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you you’re not alone.
It’s shocking but a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,387, Chula Vista drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Steps to finding better rates for Mercury Montego insurance in Chula Vista
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save on Mercury Montego insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who sell insurance in Chula Vista.
- Read about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many factors that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
A key point to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Due to the abundance of different company options, it can be impossible to choose a more affordable auto insurance provider.
Buying affordable car insurance coverage in Chula Vista is not that difficult. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to save money and still get good coverage. Drivers only have to learn the best way to shop online.
Best companies for competitive Mercury Montego insurance in California
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Some insurers don’t list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower car insurance rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class in high school.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, good student, military active duty, daytime running lights, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO includes discounts for drive less, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, good driver, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century may include discounts for student driver, teen driver, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, early bird, and 55 and older.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in your state. To view insurance companies with the best discounts in Chula Vista, follow this link.
Seven factors that determine insurance costs
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are some of the items companies use to determine your prices.
Remove unneeded incidental coverages – There are a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Cheaper to insure gals? – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Males and females cause accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Prevent your car from being stolen – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Discounts for multiple policies – Some car insurance companies will award lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Liability coverage – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Your address can influence premiums – Having an address in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Residents of big cities have to deal with much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Good drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Getting just one ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers still like to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agents is still important in Chula Vista.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house because prices are sent to you directly. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agencies in Chula Vista can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can provide insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Chula Vista independent agencies that may be able to give rate quotes.
Cordova Insurance Agency, Inc.
2260 Main St #8 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 585-3470 – View Map
Hoffman Hanono Insurance Agency
2090 Otay Lakes Rd #102 – Chula Vista, CA 91915 – (619) 420-1861 – View Map
Agents of this type can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Below are exclusive agencies in Chula Vista that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How long has the business existed?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Best auto insurance company in Chula Vista
Selecting the right auto insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Chula Vista. The ranking information shown next could help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Chula Vista Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost.
Low-cost Mercury Montego insurance in Chula Vista is definitely available online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Chula Vista car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
Steps to saving money on Mercury Montego insurance in Chula Vista
The easiest way to find discount Mercury Montego insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurers who sell insurance in Chula Vista.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and a bad credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View rates
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Once received, put the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)