How long has it been since you sat down and looked for cheaper Toyota Highlander insurance in Chula Vista? Getting cheaper Chula Vista Toyota Highlander insurance quotes may seem to be somewhat difficult for drivers who are new to comparison shopping on the internet. With such a large choice of online companies available, how can anyone efficiently compare every company to locate the best price?
How to buy affordable Toyota Highlander insurance in Chula Vista
The preferred way to get budget auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Chula Vista.
- Try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many things that result in higher rates like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives tips to help keep prices low and earn larger discounts.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Amazingly, about 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Chula Vista could save as much as $470 a year, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
To find the best car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The best method to do a complete rate comparison consists of shopping online.
Just keep in mind that more quotes will enable you to find a lower rate.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in California. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Chula Vista, CA, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Toyota Highlander coverage statistics
The price information shown below outlines different insurance costs for Toyota Highlander models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance prices are formulated can help customers make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$390||$632||$456||$26||$136||$1,640||$137|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$390||$632||$456||$26||$136||$1,640||$137|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$390||$632||$456||$26||$136||$1,640||$137|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$436||$744||$456||$26||$136||$1,798||$150|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$436||$744||$456||$26||$136||$1,798||$150|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$436||$744||$456||$26||$136||$1,798||$150|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$436||$744||$456||$26||$136||$1,798||$150|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$436||$744||$456||$26||$136||$1,798||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify premium rates significantly.
An analysis of deductible level
One of the more difficult decisions when buying auto insurance is where should you set your physical damage deductibles. The comparison tables below help summarize the cost difference between high and low physical damage deductibles. The first pricing table uses a $250 physical damage deductible and the second data table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,587||$132|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,587||$132|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,587||$132|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$430||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,733||$144|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$430||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,733||$144|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$430||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,733||$144|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$430||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,733||$144|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$430||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,733||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$348||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,494||$125|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$348||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,494||$125|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$348||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,494||$125|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$348||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,494||$125|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$348||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,494||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect premiums considerably.
Using the premium rates above, we can conclude that using a $250 deductible costs about $18 more each month or $216 every year than selecting the higher $500 deductible. Because you would pay $250 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you have at least 14 months between claim filings, you would come out ahead if you decide on a higher deductible. The table below shows an example of how this determination is made.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$137|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $119|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$18|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $18|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||14 months|
One important caveat is that raising deductibles to save money results in more money out-of-pocket when you have a claim. You need to make sure you have enough disposable savings in the event you need to pay the deductible.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Toyota Highlander annual premium costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The example below demonstrates how citations and accident claims drive up Toyota Highlander insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The example below shows the difference between Toyota Highlander insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact formula of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Highlander replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Three good reasons to insure your Toyota Highlander
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Toyota. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Five Tips to Get Cheap Chula Vista Insurance Rates
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the items used by companies to determine rates.
Don’t cancel your coverage without a new one in place – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
Vehicle features can affect car insurance rates – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder vehicle theft.
Marriage is a factor – Being married actually saves money compared to being single. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Incidental coverages that may not be needed – There are quite a few additional coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
How many coverages with the same company – Most major insurance companies apply lower prices to customers that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to compare Toyota Highlander rates in Chula Vista to verify if the discount is saving money.
Toyota Highlander claim probability – Auto insurance companies factor in historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the historical loss data for Toyota Highlander vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Highlander 4dr 2WD||88||82||94||94||78||75|
|Toyota Highlander 4dr 4WD||95||86||117||88||74||78|
|Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr 4WD||111||143|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but a few must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Highlander insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will give a small break shop Chula Vista auto insurance over the internet.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable their insurance company to spy on driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance on a new Highlander can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Chula Vista can get you a discount since home ownership shows financial diligence.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Toyota Highlander annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including mature driver, alternative fuel, early shopping, multi-car, and homeowner.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, accident-free, defensive driving training, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, newly married, exclusive group savings, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and multi-car.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
If you are trying to find affordable Toyota Highlander insurance quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Chula Vista. To find providers who offer online Toyota Highlander insurance quotes in Chula Vista, click this link.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Chula Vista car insurance agent
Many people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the best rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Chula Vista.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Chula Vista that can provide free Chula Vista auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a local Chula Vista insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to compare prices from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Chula Vista that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
- Hoffman Hanono Insurance Agency
2090 Otay Lakes Rd #102 – Chula Vista, CA 91915 – (619) 420-1861 – View Map
- Fletes Insurance and Financial Services
2127 Olympic Pkwy #1006 – Chula Vista, CA 91915 – (619) 616-0037 – View Map
- Daylight Insurance Brokerage
900 Lane Ave #128 – Chula Vista, CA 91914 – (619) 240-7164 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are highly trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chula Vista that can give you comparison quotes.
- Joaquin Alvarez – State Farm Insurance Agent
240 F St – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 425-1216 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Melissa Talbot
885 Canarios Ct #104 – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 781-8716 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Charles Phillips
642 3rd Ave a – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 585-3484 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Chula Vista should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is coverage determined by price?
In the end, you can save money
We just showed you some good ideas how you can reduce Toyota Highlander insurance premium rates online in Chula Vista. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Chula Vista can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
How to find affordable quotes for Toyota Highlander insurance in Chula Vista
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Chula Vista is to compare quotes annually from providers who provide car insurance in California.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)