If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Chula Vista is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies that insure vehicles in California.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper F-150 coverage is available in Chula Vista. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One thing to point out is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Unthinkable but true, almost 70% of insureds kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers could save about 35% each year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to compare rates.
All major car insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive allow consumers to get coverage price quotes direct online. This process is possible for anyone as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information on the page. After you submit the form the system sends out for your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information based on the information you submitted.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's very important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the cheapest price on car insurance.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you enter the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The table displayed next showcases different policy rates for Ford F-150 models. Being aware of how policy premiums are figured can help you make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$234||$292||$450||$26||$134||$1,136||$95|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$234||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,218||$102|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$234||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,218||$102|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$234||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,218||$102|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$234||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,218||$102|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$270||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,254||$105|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$270||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,254||$105|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$270||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,254||$105|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$270||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,254||$105|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$270||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,254||$105|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$270||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,254||$105|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$270||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,254||$105|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$270||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,254||$105|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$304||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,288||$107|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$304||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,288||$107|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$304||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,288||$107|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$304||$454||$450||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$304||$454||$450||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$304||$454||$450||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$304||$454||$450||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$304||$454||$450||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$304||$454||$450||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$304||$454||$450||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$304||$454||$450||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$304||$454||$450||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$304||$536||$450||$26||$134||$1,450||$121|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$304||$536||$450||$26||$134||$1,450||$121|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$304||$536||$450||$26||$134||$1,450||$121|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$338||$536||$450||$26||$134||$1,484||$124|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$338||$536||$450||$26||$134||$1,484||$124|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$338||$536||$450||$26||$134||$1,484||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in your specific Chula Vista location which can change rates noticeably.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Ford F-150 insurance prices for different age categories. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no written rule of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford F-150 settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $400 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Protect your F-150 and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford F-150 insurance, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford F-150 with a loan, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your Ford F-150 but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Eight Tips to Get Cheaper Chula Vista Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine rates.
- Poor credit can mean higher prices - Having a good credit score factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Ford F-150 by improving your rating. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit ratings.
Youthful drivers pay more - Beginning drivers in California are proven to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Adding a first-time driver onto your insurance will cause a huge premium hike. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Limits of liability insurance - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Cars with good safety ratings are cheaper to insure - Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
- Rates may be lower depending on your employer - Occupations such as military generals, social workers, and emergency personnel usually pay the highest average rates in part from high stress levels and long work hours. On the flip side, careers like professors, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Rates can change based on your address - Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas have more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. Lower population means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Insurance rates and driver gender - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn't mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males cause accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Discounts for married couples - Your spouse can actually save you money when buying insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Loss statistics for a Ford F-150 - Auto insurance companies use past insurance losses to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher premium rates.
The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford F-150 Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get discounts on Chula Vista auto insurance
Auto insurance is expensive, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Government Employee Discount - Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds who allow data collection to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Select auto insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- No Accidents - Good drivers with no accidents pay much less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- ABS Brakes - Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Ford F-150 insurance rates in Chula Vista.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see a list of providers with discount rates in California, follow this link.
Don't assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When selecting a policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is my Ford F-150 covered for flood damage?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance quotes from local Chula Vista insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Chula Vista who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you need to find local Chula Vista agents, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both handle auto insurance, but it's worth mentioning the differences because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
These type of agents work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Below are Chula Vista exclusive agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jorge Zayas
1750 E Palomar St Ste 5 - Chula Vista, CA 91913 - (619) 656-8828 - View Map
- State Farm: Cynthia Stojeba
46 3rd Ave B - Chula Vista, CA 91910 - (619) 425-1403 - View Map
- Joaquin Alvarez - State Farm Insurance Agent
240 F St - Chula Vista, CA 91910 - (619) 425-1216 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include price quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Most also write with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Chula Vista independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Penagos Insurance
1680 Broadway - Chula Vista, CA 91911 - (619) 691-1071 - View Map
- Fletes Insurance and Financial Services
2127 Olympic Pkwy #1006 - Chula Vista, CA 91915 - (619) 616-0037 - View Map
- California Brokerage Insurance
355 K St - Chula Vista, CA 91911 - (619) 420-8888 - View Map
Upon receiving good responses to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy.
Cheap rates are available
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Budget-conscious Ford F-150 insurance is attainable online and with local Chula Vista insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chula Vista Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)