Think you have an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of Chula Vista residents who feel the same.
It’s astonishing, but most drivers in California have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. American insurance shoppers could save themselves 46.5% a year, but they don’t invest the time required to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
Online insurance companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm constantly bombard you with ad campaigns and it can be hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using this information. Finding affordable coverage in Chula Vista can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. But California car owners must understand the methods companies use to determine premium rates because it varies considerably.
Most companies make it easy to get prices for coverage on their websites. Getting Pontiac Solstice insurance prices online is pretty easy as you just type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price determined by many factors. Quoting online for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Chula Vista makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the best car insurance rates.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will receive a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Chula Vista, CA. If you want the cheapest car insurance in CA, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Chula Vista, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Pontiac for a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves not only your Pontiac Solstice but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Do you qualify for discounts on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Chula Vista?
Auto insurance companies don’t list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chula Vista auto insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Pontiac may enable drivers to earn discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies will provide an incentive for signing up online.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Chula Vista auto insurance quote compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Chula Vista Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, accident-free, driver’s education, student away at school, and good driver.
- American Family may include discounts for TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, air bags, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, multi-policy, anti-theft, seat belt use, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, and federal employee.
- 21st Century offers discounts including air bags, anti-lock brakes, student driver, driver training, theft prevention, and homeowners.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Chula Vista. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Chula Vista, follow this link.
Car insurance agents are trained to help
A small number of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Chula Vista.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Chula Vista who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local Chula Vista insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Chula Vista are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below are independent agencies in Chula Vista that can give you pricing information.
Applied General Agency / Jake Widmer Insurance
1873 Marquette Rd – Chula Vista, CA 91913 – (619) 852-1013 – View Map
Elect Insurance Center
1229 Third Ave c – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 425-3532 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. These agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chula Vista that are able to give price quotes.
Picking the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- When do they do policy reviews?
If you get good feedback to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that will service your policy.
Which is the best auto insurance?
When quoting and comparing coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Best car insurance in California
Choosing the highest-rated company can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in California. The rank data below may help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Chula Vista Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Some companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agencies. Discount Pontiac Solstice insurance is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
People leave their current company for many reasons like delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be less work than you think.
We just covered a lot of techniques to shop for Pontiac Solstice insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
How to find better rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Chula Vista
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Chula Vista. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates such as inattentive driving and a negative credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
More tips and info about car insurance is available at these sites:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)