The easiest way to find cheaper Ford Mustang insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who provide auto insurance in Chula Vista. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of how insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a low credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for more ideas to get cheaper rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who compare other prices are inclined to switch insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that people who routinely compared rates saved over $865 a year compared to those who never shopped around.
If saving the most money on insurance in Chula Vista is why you’re here, understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can help simplify the process.
When shopping for Ford Mustang insurance in Chula Vista there are multiple ways of comparing rates from insurance companies in your area. The simplest method to compare Ford Mustang insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the professional guidance of a licensed agent. Although, it is possible find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent.
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find better pricing.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in California. If you want cheap car insurance in California, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Ford Mustang insurance coverage information
The coverage table displayed next outlines different insurance costs for Ford Mustang models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are formulated can assist in making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mustang 2-Dr Convertible||$422||$996||$596||$36||$178||$2,228||$186|
|Mustang 2-Dr Coupe||$422||$996||$746||$44||$224||$2,432||$203|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Convertible||$476||$1146||$596||$36||$178||$2,432||$203|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Coupe||$476||$1146||$746||$44||$224||$2,636||$220|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Convertible||$530||$1446||$596||$36||$178||$2,786||$232|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Coupe||$586||$1598||$746||$44||$224||$3,198||$267|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Chula Vista which can lower or raise prices considerably.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Mustang car insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no specific rule that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Mustang settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $855 a year so shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
The Ford Mustang Insurance Cost Equation
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help calculate your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower car insurance prices. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for lower cost passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following chart is based on a married male driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Ford Mustang rates compared to other models that have a range of risk factors.
Save money with good credit – Having a bad credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. People with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Ford Mustang by improving your credit score.
Certain vocations raise premiums – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like military generals, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts generally have higher rates than the rest of us due to high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. Other careers like actors, historians and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Teenage drivers are expensive to insure – Teenage drivers in California have been known to be less responsible when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a inexperienced driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. Mature drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Liability limits should be high – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Safer vehicles save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Ford has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
Do you really need roadside assistance? – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Mustang policy. Coverages for rental car coverage, accidental death, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Insurance loss data for Ford Mustang vehicles – Insurance companies use statistical claims data to help determine costs. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Ford Mustang vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Mustang 2dr||175||80||131||109||136||117|
|Ford Mustang GT 2dr||171||61||143||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take policy discounts and save on Ford Mustang insurance in Chula Vista
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked for before they will apply. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Mustang insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Mustang insurance in Chula Vista.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your bill.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may enable drivers to earn substantially lower insurance rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors can get better insurance rates.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford Mustang insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
For a list of insurance companies who offer online Ford Mustang insurance quotes in Chula Vista, click this link.
Do I need an agent?
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Chula Vista.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to your email. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find a local Chula Vista insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Chula Vista are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you contact several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Chula Vista that may be able to give pricing information.
Cordova Insurance Agency, Inc.
2260 Main St #8 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 585-3470 – View Map
357 Broadway – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 576-3250 – View Map
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chula Vista that are able to give comparison quotes.
Picking a auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Find affordable rates by being thorough
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced insurance in Chula Vista is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chula Vista Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chula Vista Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)