Searching for cheaper insurance for a new or used GMC Sierra 3500HD in California could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for a GMC and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Chula Vista insurance agents.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, use these money-saving tips to lower your rates without reducing coverage. Quoting and comparing the lowest-priced car insurance policy in Chula Vista can be fairly easy. Smart shoppers just need to understand how to shop instantly.
Most of the larger companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get coverage prices direct online. This process is quite easy as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system obtains credit information and your driving record and returns a price determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Chula Vista makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to get cheap rates.
In order to compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you are getting comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, car insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your GMC for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your GMC Sierra 3500HD and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Sierra 3500HD definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance coverage details
The coverage table shown next outlines a range of insurance policy prices for GMC Sierra 3500HD models. Being more informed about how insurance premiums are calculated helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$420||$780||$534||$32||$160||$1,926||$161|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$420||$898||$668||$40||$200||$2,226||$186|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$420||$780||$534||$32||$160||$1,926||$161|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$420||$780||$534||$32||$160||$1,926||$161|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$420||$898||$668||$40||$200||$2,226||$186|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$420||$898||$668||$40||$200||$2,226||$186|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$420||$780||$534||$32||$160||$1,926||$161|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$420||$898||$668||$40||$200||$2,226||$186|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$420||$898||$668||$40||$200||$2,226||$186|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$464||$898||$534||$32||$160||$2,088||$174|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change coverage rates noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect GMC Sierra 3500HD annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Chula Vista car insurance rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents can impact GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance rates for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The example below illustrates the difference between GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set rule to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your GMC Sierra 3500HD replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Cheaper rates on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Chula Vista with these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some must be manually applied before being credited.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Chula Vista car insurance quote.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their insurance company to study vehicle usage remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next insurance statement.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive simply for signing on the internet.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Sierra 3500HD insurance in Chula Vista.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below illustrates the difference between GMC Sierra 3500HD premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in California, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Chula Vista insurance agency
Certain consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Chula Vista who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Chula Vista should be willing to answer these questions.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Who are their largest clients?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agents from which to choose. Agencies in Chula Vista may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below are Chula Vista exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Joe Finch – State Farm Insurance Agent
3060 Bonita Rd #101a – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 569-2220 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: David McClurg
289 3rd Ave – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 498-1660 – View Map
- Joaquin Alvarez – State Farm Insurance Agent
240 F St – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 425-1216 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are independent agencies in Chula Vista who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Daylight Insurance Brokerage
900 Lane Ave #128 – Chula Vista, CA 91914 – (619) 240-7164 – View Map
- L A Insurance
202 Broadway – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 476-1800 – View Map
- Fletes Insurance and Financial Services
2127 Olympic Pkwy #1006 – Chula Vista, CA 91915 – (619) 616-0037 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy. But keep in mind you are entitled to terminate coverage whenever you want so never assume that you are obligated to a policy for the full policy term.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
We just showed you a lot of tips how to shop for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Chula Vista car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Cheap GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Chula Vista is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
How to find cheaper quotes for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Chula Vista
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Chula Vista is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in California. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and a low credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately place your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
More detailed car insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Car Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chula Vista Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)