It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save money on auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from providers in Chula Vista.
- Step 1: Try to learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that cause high rates like multiple speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for more details to help reduce premium rates and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Find a Chula Vista insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One tip to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Shocking but true, most consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. California drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Chula Vista is much easier if you know where to start. Smart buyers just need to understand how to compare company rates from many different companies.
Don’t overlook these five Pontiac G8 insurance discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but a few need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% off your total G8 insurance premium.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new G8 can get you a discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable companies to spy on their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for automatic seat belts, teen driver, 55 and older, early bird, and homeowners.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, driver’s education, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include teen driver discount, new move discount, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, new graduate, and exclusive group savings.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
If you need low cost Chula Vista auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in every state. To see auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click here to view.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
You may want advice from an insurance agency
Certain consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because prices are sent to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Chula Vista?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Chula Vista?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Below are Chula Vista insurers who can help you get price quotes for Pontiac G8 insurance in Chula Vista.
Cordova Insurance Agency, Inc.
2260 Main St #8 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 585-3470 – View Map
357 Broadway – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 576-3250 – View Map
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for surgery, funeral costs, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a bird, hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your G8 from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your G8 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability – This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability insurance covers claims like pain and suffering, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (California limits are 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Discount Pontiac G8 insurance in Chula Vista is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)