A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that over 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,387, California drivers could save themselves as much as $500 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switched.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Chula Vista is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in California.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for more details to help reduce premium rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers prices – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Proper usage rating affects costs – Driving more miles every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Magnum may be wasting your money.
- Cheap premiums for being claim-free – If you file a lot of claims you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in California award cheaper rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Battle of the sexes – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean females are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Rates increase with driving citations – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better prices than bad drivers. People who have flagrant tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Cheaper Chula Vista insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Chula Vista car insurance quote.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring all your vehicles with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive lower premium rates.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your policy premiums.
To choose insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click this link.
Quote. Compare. Save.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read many tips how you can find affordable Dodge Magnum insurance in Chula Vista. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers work with local independent agencies. The cheapest Dodge Magnum insurance in Chula Vista can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Chula Vista Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)