Everyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who get price quotes annually are highly likely to buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A study showed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved as much as $850 each year compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding discount rates on Kia Spectra insurance in Chula Vista is your intention, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from different companies who sell insurance in Chula Vista.
- First, spend some time learning about coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a low credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to know car insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details including the ages of drivers, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, how much coverage you want, and if a SR-22 is needed. Your rating data is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and they return quotes with very little delay.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Chula Vista, CA. To get the best auto insurance in Chula Vista, CA, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Kia Spectra
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Spectra in Chula Vista, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Chula Vista is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
How Insurers Determine Kia Spectra Insurance Costs
Lots of things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is. It’s important that you understand some of the factors that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Combine policies to earn discounts – Most major companies will award lower prices for people that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if ever you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- The type of car you drive affects your prices – The type of car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for lower cost passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Older drivers save more – Drivers with little experience have been known to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a teen driver onto a policy can be very expensive. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Kia. Some coverage claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Vocation reflects on premiums – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as real estate brokers, police officers, and emergency personnel tend to pay the highest rates due to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, historians and the unemployed get better rates.
- Single drivers take more risk – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on your auto insurance bill. Marriage is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Some companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give a small break simply for signing on their website.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Kia could be rewarded with discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to study when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Spectra insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Chula Vista auto insurance online.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple policy, accident-free, driver’s education, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, online signing, and online quote discount.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-policy, driver training, youthful driver, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include good student, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has discounts for homeowner, multi-car, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
Double check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply in Chula Vista. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer discounts in Chula Vista, follow this link.
Insurance can be complex
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance is available from local agents
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Chula Vista who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
When searching for a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents in Chula Vista are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Chula Vista that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Charles Phillips
642 3rd Ave a – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 585-3484 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Walter Harrison
680 Telegraph Canyon Rd #102 – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 585-3326 – View Map
- Fred Hetter – State Farm Insurance Agent
265 E St Suite B – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 420-9430 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Chula Vista willing to provide rate quotes.
- Adriana’s Insurance Services
1090 3rd Ave #5 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 591-1540 – View Map
- Mercury Insurance Agency est. 1966
40 Third Ave – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 427-2662 – View Map
- La Rosa Insurance Agency
1152 Third Ave – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 427-5950 – View Map
If you receive answers to your satisfaction in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Affordable Kia Spectra insurance in Chula Vista can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Chula Vista agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Felons in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)