It’s well known that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop around are likely to switch car insurance companies because they have a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable Kia Borrego insurance in Chula Vista is the reason for your visit, then understanding the best ways to shop for coverage rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Really, the only way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers who can sell car insurance in Chula Vista.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for additional tips to get affordable coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Our objective is to teach you a little about how to compare rates easily and how to save the most money. If you have car insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. Vehicle owners just need to understand the least time-consuming way to compare price quotes from many different companies.
Best companies for cheap Kia Borrego insurance in California
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in California. To get the best cheap auto insurance in CA, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Kia Borrego insurance in Chula Vista
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Borrego insurance in Chula Vista.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from Chula Vista attending college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a class that teaches driver safety techniques could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
Companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, multiple policy, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, good student, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-theft, safe driver, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for multi-car, distant student, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, good student, pay in full, and business and professional.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- USAA has discounts for family discount, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, military installation, and vehicle storage.
Before buying, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To choose insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Chula Vista, click here to view.
Informed Consumers Know How to Find Auto Insurance at a Discount
Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower premium levels.
The following are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- With age comes responsibility – Inexperience drivers have been known to be inattentive when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a youthful driver onto your auto insurance can break the bank. More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Discounts for married couples – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on auto insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Stay claim-free and reduce prices – If you frequently file small claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in California give discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is intended for larger claims.
- Lower rates by increasing coverage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Chula Vista car insurance agent
Many people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Chula Vista.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Chula Vista that can give you free Chula Vista car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Different types of Chula Vista car insurance agents
When finding a local agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with smaller companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Chula Vista who can help you get competitive price quotes.
- Applied General Agency / Jake Widmer Insurance
1873 Marquette Rd – Chula Vista, CA 91913 – (619) 852-1013 – View Map
- Insurance Place – Chula Vista
713 Broadway # A – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 409-7650 – View Map
- Mexican Insurance Specialists
249 E St – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 420-8200 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chula Vista that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Donald Sewell
355 3rd Ave B – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 425-5370 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Charles Phillips
642 3rd Ave a – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 585-3484 – View Map
- Lee Meyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
826 Starboard St – Chula Vista, CA 91914 – (619) 656-5020 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Chula Vista?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
If you feel you receive good feedback to these questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found an insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Compare but don’t skimp
More affordable auto insurance in Chula Vista can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Chula Vista agents, so get free Chula Vista car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, high prices or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Government Employees in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chula Vista Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chula Vista Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)