It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop rates annually are likely to switch auto insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $865 annually compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in Chula Vista is your objective, learning the best way to shop and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
Really, the only way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Chula Vista is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in California.
Step 1: Try to comprehend policy coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Chula Vista. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One thing to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Just remember that getting more free quotes will enable you to find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company allows you to get rate quotes online, so it’s important to also get price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Chula Vista, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your Kia vehicle
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia Stinger, more than likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Kia for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower rates by qualifying for these ten discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise all discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Save with a New Car – Putting coverage on a new Stinger can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Chula Vista Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Chula Vista can save you money because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to your current Stinger insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount should help lower your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts possibly include:
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Savings may not be available in Chula Vista. To view companies who offer discounts in California, click here to view.
Insurance agencies are trained to help
Certain consumers would rather have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find better rates but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Chula Vista auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Chula Vista should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Two types of Chula Vista car insurance agents
If you would like to find an insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people buy from the same agent for years partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chula Vista who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Donald Sewell
355 3rd Ave B – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 425-5370 – View Map
- Hugo Aguilera – State Farm Insurance Agent
629 3rd Ave L – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 420-3227 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jorge Zayas
1750 E Palomar St Ste 5 – Chula Vista, CA 91913 – (619) 656-8828 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Chula Vista independent insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Cordova Insurance Agency, Inc.
2260 Main St #8 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 585-3470 – View Map
- Hoffman Hanono Insurance Agency
2090 Otay Lakes Rd #102 – Chula Vista, CA 91915 – (619) 420-1861 – View Map
- Applied General Agency / Jake Widmer Insurance
1873 Marquette Rd – Chula Vista, CA 91913 – (619) 852-1013 – View Map
Car insurance company ratings
Selecting a highly-rated car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in Chula Vista. The company information displayed below may help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a broken windshield, damage from flooding and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability can pay for things such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Stinger resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Stinger to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5 in California), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses like X-ray expenses, nursing services, pain medications and EMT expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Cheap coverage is out there
When getting Chula Vista auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Low-cost Kia Stinger insurance in Chula Vista is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Chula Vista auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices and even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)