The preferred way to save on Lincoln Continental insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Chula Vista.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases like speeding and a negative credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to compare every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who get price quotes annually are very likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that people who compared rates once a year saved $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Lincoln Continental insurance in Chula Vista is the reason you’re here, then having an understanding of how to quote and compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these methods. Buying the cheapest protection in Chula Vista is not as difficult as people think. Although California vehicle owners must comprehend how companies set your policy premium because it varies considerably.
When shopping for Lincoln Continental insurance in Chula Vista there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. One of the best ways to find the lowest rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
It’s important to know that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need Lincoln Continental insurance in California
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln Continental insurance, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lincoln, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your Lincoln and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Take policy discounts and save on Lincoln Continental insurance in Chula Vista
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before being credited.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having several vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Lincoln Continental insurance in Chula Vista.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, homeowner, teen safe driver, drive less, and anti-theft.
- American Family discounts include air bags, bundled insurance, accident-free, early bird, Steer into Savings, and mySafetyValet.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, military active duty, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, and bundle.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Chula Vista, click this link.
Neighborhood Chula Vista auto insurance agents
Many drivers would rather talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agents is definitely important in Chula Vista.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Chula Vista that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- Hoffman Hanono Insurance Agency
2090 Otay Lakes Rd #102 – Chula Vista, CA 91915 – (619) 420-1861 – View Map
- Daylight Insurance Brokerage
900 Lane Ave #128 – Chula Vista, CA 91914 – (619) 240-7164 – View Map
- Fred Loya Insurance
1177 Broadway STE 21 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 422-7500 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand rather than low price.
Listed below are Chula Vista exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Carlos Solorzano – State Farm Insurance Agent
1105 Broadway #202 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 420-7000 – View Map
- Joaquin Alvarez – State Farm Insurance Agent
240 F St – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 425-1216 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jorge Zayas
1750 E Palomar St Ste 5 – Chula Vista, CA 91913 – (619) 656-8828 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How many years have they been established?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Insurance agents can help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Does my Lincoln Continental need full coverage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced insurance in Chula Vista is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional insurance information is located below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)