Want a free price quotes on more affordable Chevy Colorado insurance in Chula Vista? Pricey Chevrolet Colorado insurance in Chula Vista can dry up your accounts and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparison shopping can be a smart way to lower your bills every month.
It’s amazing but almost 70% of insureds kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in California can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates.
How to find affordable Chevy Colorado insurance in Chula Vista
The best way to get discount Chevy Colorado insurance in Chula Vista is to do an annual price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in California.
- Get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies. Find a Chula Vista insurance agent
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Chula Vista. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. Be sure to put the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propaganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s a good idea to compare premium rates every six months because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best price on Chevy Colorado insurance in Chula Vista a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to show you one of the quickest ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the techniques presented in this article. Locating the best rates in Chula Vista is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Nevertheless, California car owners must comprehend how insurance companies set your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that play a part in calculating insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
High performance equals high premiums – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a big difference in your premium level. Economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following data assumes a married male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Chevrolet Colorado insurance premiums compared to other models that have a range of performance risks.
The higher your credit rating the lower your costs – Credit history factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Colorado by improving your rating. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit.
Maintain insurance coverage – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Cheaper to insure women? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Females and males are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. They also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevy Colorado insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
High physical damage deductibles save money – Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for insurance.
Theft deterrents lowers insurance rates – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
More traffic means higher claims – Having an address in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road means more chance of being in an accident.
Insurance loss data for a Chevy Colorado – Car insurance companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will have increased rates.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Colorado vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 2WD||73||57||64|
|Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4WD||90||89||86||67|
|Chevrolet Colorado Ext Cab 2WD||55|
|Chevrolet Colorado Ext Cab 4WD||67|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Data for Chevy Colorado insurance
The premium table displayed below outlines different rate quotes for Chevy Colorado models. Knowing how car insurance prices are determined can be of help when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Colorado LT 2WD||$196||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,152||$96|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$230||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,272||$106|
|Colorado LT 4WD||$230||$392||$354||$20||$106||$1,102||$92|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$230||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,272||$106|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$230||$392||$354||$20||$106||$1,102||$92|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$262||$478||$354||$20||$106||$1,220||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
Drive safe and save
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders can influence Chevy Colorado auto insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The illustration below shows the difference between Chevy Colorado insurance prices with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no set rule of when to phase out full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Colorado settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Cheaper Chula Vista auto insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t always list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Colorado insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Chula Vista car insurance quotes online.
- Paper-free Discount – Some companies give back up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Data Collection Discounts – Chula Vista drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to look at driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Chula Vista car insurance quote as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a safe driver course may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below shows the difference between Chevy Colorado yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, good student, air bag, and anti-theft.
- American Family includes discounts for early bird, good student, defensive driver, good driver, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers offers discounts including payment discounts, student away at school, driver training, continuous insurance, home ownership, good student, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including pay in full, early shopping, good student, distant student, bundle discounts, homeowner, and electronic funds transfer.
- USAA has savings for driver training, military installation, multi-policy, good student, new vehicle, safe driver, and family discount.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for preferred payment discount, new move discount, new vehicle discount, newly married, exclusive group savings, and multi-car.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Chula Vista. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer free Chevy Colorado insurance quotes in Chula Vista, follow this link.
Quote more and you will save more
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Chevy Colorado insurance in Chula Vista. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Chula Vista car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Discount Chevy Colorado insurance in Chula Vista is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Chula Vista insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
How to buy lower priced Chevy Colorado insurance in Chula Vista
The best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Chula Vista. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause high rates like inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More detailed car insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much are Chula Vista Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chula Vista Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)