I really doubt anyone looks forward to buying car insurance, especially when they know they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that over 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. California drivers could save themselves as much as $469 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around. Big-name insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive continually hit you with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the deception and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have coverage now or need new coverage, use these money-saving tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing protection. Finding affordable coverage in Chula Vista is easy if you know what you’re doing. Vehicle owners just need to understand the most efficient way to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons for Volvo S80 insurance in Chula Vista is to know the fact car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. All you need to do is provide details including how many miles driven, the year, make and model of vehicles, driver details, and if it has an alarm system. That information is sent automatically to many of the top insurers and you should receive rate quotes very quickly.
To compare multiple company cheaper Volvo S80 insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in California. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Chula Vista, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your S80, almost all lenders will require that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Volvo S80 insurance rates and statistics
The price information shown below highlights different coverage prices for Volvo S80 models. Having a good grasp of how rates are formulated is important for you to make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$334||$664||$424||$26||$126||$1,574||$131|
|S80 Executive AWD||$334||$750||$424||$26||$126||$1,660||$138|
|S80 V8 AWD||$370||$750||$424||$26||$126||$1,696||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in your specific Chula Vista location which can modify coverage rates considerably.
Comparison of insurance rates by gender and age
The example below compares Volvo S80 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Volvo S80 insurance in Chula Vista
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Chula Vista can get you a discount since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will let one accident slide before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a driver safety course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The chart below compares Volvo S80 insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, driver training, and air bags.
- Travelers includes discounts for continuous insurance, save driver, early quote, hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, and payment discounts.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, renewal discount, 55 and retired, good student, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new move discount, multi-car, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, new graduate, and newly retired.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
Compare rates but buy from a local Chula Vista insurance agent
Many drivers just want to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower prices but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Chula Vista.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Agencies in Chula Vista can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Chula Vista that can give you comparison quotes.
Princell Insurance Services
1068 Moonstone Pl – Chula Vista, CA 91913 – (619) 397-5955 – View Map
357 Broadway – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 576-3250 – View Map
Robert Osorio Insurance
513 Windy Way – Chula Vista, CA 91914 – (619) 216-0991 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chula Vista who can help you get comparison quotes.
Tammy Manzano – State Farm Insurance Agent
1925 E Palomar St #17 – Chula Vista, CA 91913 – (619) 482-6001 – View Map
Picking a insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Chula Vista?
- Are they full-time agents?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Chula Vista?
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Volvo S80 insurance premium rates in Chula Vista. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Lower-priced Volvo S80 insurance in Chula Vista can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
Steps to finding cheaper Volvo S80 insurance in Chula Vista
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable car insurance rates in Chula Vista is to annually compare prices from insurers in California. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chula Vista Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)