GMC Acadia insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It's hard to fathom, but most car insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. California consumers could save an average of almost $469 each year, but they don't know the benefits if they bought a different policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find discount GMC Acadia insurance in Chula Vista is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who can sell car insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Chula Vista is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to save money using these methods. You just need to learn the most effective way to buy insurance from many different companies online.
Finding a better price on car insurance can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is invest a little time comparing rates to find the company with affordable GMC Acadia insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in California. To buy the best car insurance in CA, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Cheaper Chula Vista car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don't always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance carriers give a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Pay Early and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially compared to frequent claim filers.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company you could save up to 20% off your total Acadia insurance premium.
- Defensive Driver - Taking a safe driver course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
The information below illustrates the comparison of GMC Acadia insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some companies who might offer most of the discounts above include:
It's a good idea to ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Discounts might not apply in your state.
Car insurance data for a GMC Acadia
The data table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of insurance rates for GMC Acadia models. Learning how premiums are established is important to be able to make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$210||$298||$578||$34||$174||$1,294||$108|
|Acadia SL AWD||$240||$298||$578||$34||$174||$1,324||$110|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$240||$298||$578||$34||$174||$1,324||$110|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$272||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,420||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify premium rates significantly.
How careless driving impacts car insurance rates
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accidents can impact GMC Acadia insurance costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
What Impacts GMC Acadia Insurance Costs?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
Your gender affects prices - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both get in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys get into accidents with more damage. They also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The chart below shows the comparison of GMC Acadia annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Don't buy extra policy coverages that aren't used - There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that can add up on your Acadia policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- Get better costs after the wedding - Being married may cut your premiums compared to being single. Marriage translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Lower prices for being claim-free - Auto insurance companies in California award lower rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Younger drivers pay higher prices - Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are known to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
GMC Acadia statistical loss data - Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine prices. Models that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have increased rates. The data below shows the collected loss data for GMC Acadia vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for GMC Acadia Models Specific GMC Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Acadia 4dr 2WD 75 86 73 71 69 80 GMC Acadia 4dr 4WD 83 100 88 62 63 80BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing rates from local Chula Vista insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Chula Vista who will return price quotes to get your business. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Chula Vista?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What discounts might you be missing?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can do a good job, but it's worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Chula Vista exclusive agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: David McClurg
289 3rd Ave - Chula Vista, CA 91910 - (619) 498-1660 - View Map
- Bernardo Vasquez - State Farm Insurance Agent
460 3rd Ave a - Chula Vista, CA 91910 - (619) 425-6560 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Raul Paredes
208 3rd Ave - Chula Vista, CA 91910 - (619) 651-1900 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's a good idea to compare prices from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are Chula Vista independent insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Garrison Insurance Agency, Inc
553 Telegraph Canyon Rd - Chula Vista, CA 91910 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- Princell Insurance Services
1068 Moonstone Pl - Chula Vista, CA 91913 - (619) 397-5955 - View Map
- La Rosa Insurance Agency
1152 Third Ave - Chula Vista, CA 91911 - (619) 427-5950 - View Map
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and the cheapest GMC Acadia insurance in Chula Vista quotes, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
It's not one size fits all
When selecting coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- If my GMC Acadia is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Cheap car insurance rates are available
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund and even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents. Low-cost GMC Acadia insurance in Chula Vista is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Chula Vista agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on GMC Acadia insurance in Chula Vista. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Chula Vista auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Additional information is available below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Chula Vista Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)