It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates are very likely to buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding lower prices. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved an average of $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price for Honda Civic insurance in Chula Vista is your objective, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare insurance premiums can make it easier for you to save money.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable car insurance rates in Chula Vista is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in California. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and bad credit can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies. Find a Chula Vista insurance agent
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Civic insurance. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One piece of advice is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Best companies for low-cost Honda Civic insurance in California
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Chula Vista, CA. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in CA, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Detailed insurance information
The price information displayed next covers detailed analysis of rate quotes for Honda Civic models. Understanding more about how policy premiums are determined is important to be able to make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,322||$110|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,396||$116|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,396||$116|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$180||$490||$668||$40||$200||$1,578||$132|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,396||$116|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,396||$116|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$180||$564||$668||$40||$200||$1,652||$138|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$564||$534||$32||$160||$1,496||$125|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$564||$534||$32||$160||$1,496||$125|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$206||$564||$668||$40||$200||$1,678||$140|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$564||$534||$32||$160||$1,496||$125|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$206||$564||$668||$40||$200||$1,678||$140|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$234||$638||$668||$40||$200||$1,780||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can affect price quotes noticeably.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The chart below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders drive up Honda Civic yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all discounts very clearly, so the list below details some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chula Vista car insurance online.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow driving data submission to spy on when and where they use their vehicle remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of your policy.
The illustration below shows the difference between Honda Civic car insurance rates with and without discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may include these discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Chula Vista. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer free Honda Civic insurance quotes in California, follow this link.
Get Honda Civic Insurance More Affordably
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower rates.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
Gender impacts prices – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The information below compares Honda Civic insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Premiums may be higher where you live – Living in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Miles driven impacts rates – The more miles you rack up on your Honda every year the higher your rate. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet states how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your Civic is just wasting money.
- Lower rates by increasing deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Does your job cost you more? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like judges, architects, and financial analysts have higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress and long work days. On the other hand, careers like actors, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
Your age impacts your costs – Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Honda Civic insurance loss data – Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Honda Civic vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Civic Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Civic 92 105 68 127 135 121 Honda Civic Hybrid 90 85 106 105 78 Honda Civic Si 126 97 117 124 104BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Honda Civic?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Honda Civic to commute?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
A lot of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Chula Vista who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated company can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Chula Vista. The rank data in the next section may help you analyze which insurers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Chula Vista Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Quote more to save more
We just covered many ways to compare Honda Civic insurance premium rates in Chula Vista. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Chula Vista car insurance, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Honda Civic rate quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Cheap Honda Civic insurance in Chula Vista is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some companies don’t offer online rate quotes and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More information can be read at the links below
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Chula Vista Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)