It’s amazing but a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in California could save an average of roughly $470 each year, but they don’t believe the benefits if they just switched companies.
To save the most money, the best way to find lower priced Subaru Crosstrek insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in Chula Vista. This can be done by following these steps.
First, try to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for additional ideas to help reduce prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time. It’s important that you understand some of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower rates.
The factors shown below are some of the factors that factor into your rate level.
- Liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Careless drivers pay higher rates – Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Even one citation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. People who have serious violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Deter theft and pay less – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart auto theft.
- Annual miles is a factor – The more you drive your Subaru each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how much you drive. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Crosstrek may be costing you.
- Younger drivers pay high prices – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers tend to be less responsible when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Filing claims can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, don’t be surprised to see either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in California generally give most affordable rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Improve your credit rating – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Subaru Crosstrek if you clean up your credit.
Lowering your Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates can be quick and easy. You just have to invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Chula Vista, CA. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance in California serves several purposes
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Subaru Crosstrek in Chula Vista, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Subaru Crosstrek with a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Subaru Crosstrek but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in California is wasting up to $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance policy discounts for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Chula Vista
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to your current Crosstrek insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Chula Vista auto insurance quote compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Good Student – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get slightly better rates than normal.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To choose insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Chula Vista, click this link.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Chula Vista who want to provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a provider should include more criteria than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents in Chula Vista can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can handle car insurance, but it’s important to point out why they differ because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive agents in Chula Vista willing to provide rate quotes.
- Bruce Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
871 Harold Pl #109 – Chula Vista, CA 91914 – (619) 422-3333 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Julie Garcia
2060 Otay Lakes Rd Ste 240 – Chula Vista, CA 91915 – (619) 401-1104 – View Map
- Carlos Solorzano – State Farm Insurance Agent
1105 Broadway #202 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 420-7000 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
Below are Chula Vista independent agents that can give you price quotes.
- Applied General Agency / Jake Widmer Insurance
1873 Marquette Rd – Chula Vista, CA 91913 – (619) 852-1013 – View Map
- Harlem Insurance
357 Broadway – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 576-3250 – View Map
- Cordova Insurance Agency, Inc.
2260 Main St #8 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 585-3470 – View Map
Chula Vista auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with a good quality company can be challenging considering how many companies there are in California. The ranking data displayed below may help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Chula Vista Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Chula Vista Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
We just presented a lot of tips how to reduce Subaru Crosstrek insurance car insurance rates online in Chula Vista. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Chula Vista auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies. Cost effective Subaru Crosstrek insurance is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is easier than you think.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Car Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chula Vista Car Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)