We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent study showed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved about $70 a month compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is why you’re here, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare insurance coverage can help simplify the process.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost Subaru WRX insurance in Chula Vista is to compare prices once a year from insurers in California.
- Try to understand how car insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover instructions to find cheap prices and get bigger discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper WRX coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Low Cost car insurance in Chula Vista, CA
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in California. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Chula Vista, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
These discounts can lower Subaru WRX insurance rates
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on WRX insurance in Chula Vista.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current WRX insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their company to spy on driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, passive restraint, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for early shopping, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, youthful driver, and mature driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and online signing.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, federal employee, good student, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include multiple vehicles, anti-lock brakes, paperless, safe vehicle, multi-policy, and company car.
- The Hartford may include discounts for anti-theft, good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for 55 and retired, driver training, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and good student.
- USAA offers premium reductions for good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
Check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Chula Vista.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Does my Subaru WRX need full coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Local Chula Vista car insurance agents and auto insurance
A lot of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. A good agent in Chula Vista will have answers to these questions.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Chula Vista?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents in Chula Vista can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning how they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive extensive training on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chula Vista that are able to give rate quotes.
- Mark G Witcher – State Farm Insurance Agent
945 Otay Lakes Rd k – Chula Vista, CA 91913 – (619) 656-4200 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Candy Raya
985 Broadway j – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 691-8111 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brian Konishi
45 Third Ave Ste 104 – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 426-6580 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Chula Vista who can help you get rate quotes.
- Fred Loya Insurance
1177 Broadway STE 21 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 422-7500 – View Map
- Mexican Insurance Specialists
249 E St – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 420-8200 – View Map
- Elect Insurance Center
1229 Third Ave c – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 425-3532 – View Map
If you feel you receive positive feedback and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that can insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you are able to cancel coverage at any time so never assume you are locked into any specific company for the full policy term.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Discount Subaru WRX insurance is available online and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
In this article, we presented many ways to shop for Subaru WRX insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)