Would you prefer to buy the cheapest insurance rates in Chula Vista, CA? Chula Vista shoppers have many options when shopping for low-cost Tesla Model S insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to find insurance online and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Tesla and obtain the lowest possible price from Chula Vista insurance agents and online providers.
Six Tips to Get Cheap Chula Vista Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower insurance prices. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Eliminate extra coverages – There are many optional add-on coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Combine policies and save – Most larger insurance companies will award better rates to clients that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may save more without the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices will generally be found on low performance passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Younger drivers cost more – Teen drivers in California are statistically shown to be inattentive when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Know your vehicle’s crash test rating – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you.
Loss statistics for a Tesla Model S – Insurance companies analyze the history of losses to help determine the price you pay. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Tesla Model S vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
Tesla Model S Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Tesla Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 2WD 324 116 208 39 46 104 Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 4WD 333BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Low cost Chula Vista Tesla Model S insurance rate quotes online
All the larger insurance companies make it easy to get price estimates on their websites. Getting online rates for Tesla Model S insurance in Chula Vista doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. After you complete the form, their rating system sends out for your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
Getting online price quotes for Tesla Model S insurance in Chula Vista makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the best rate possible.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Chula Vista, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional in California
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Tesla Model S in Chula Vista, insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Model S, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Tesla at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Tesla Model S but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Chula Vista is overpaying over $700 annually so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You may qualify for discounts for Tesla Model S insurance in Chula Vista
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow driving data collection to analyze their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a defensive driver class can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Good Student – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
If you would like to view insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Chula Vista, click this link.
Local Chula Vista insurance agencies
Many people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Most agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Chula Vista.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Chula Vista who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
When researching a good Chula Vista insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they function. Agencies in Chula Vista can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies which may provide better rates.
The following are Chula Vista independent insurance agents that may be able to give you price quotes.
- Garrison Insurance Agency, Inc
553 Telegraph Canyon Rd – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- La Rosa Insurance Agency
1152 Third Ave – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 427-5950 – View Map
- Premier Insurance Services – Chula Vista, CA
1295 Broadway #209 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 768-0161 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chula Vista who can help you get rate quotes.
- Tammy Manzano – State Farm Insurance Agent
1925 E Palomar St #17 – Chula Vista, CA 91913 – (619) 482-6001 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Melissa Talbot
885 Canarios Ct #104 – Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 781-8716 – View Map
- Carlos Solorzano – State Farm Insurance Agent
1105 Broadway #202 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 420-7000 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will one accident increase rates?
After you get answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and low cost Tesla Model S insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets the requirements to properly service your auto insurance policy.
California car insurance companies ranked
Finding a good quality insurance company is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in California. The company information shown next may help you decide which companies you want to consider buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
You can lower your car insurance rates
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests and even high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
When getting Chula Vista car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
Cost effective Tesla Model S insurance is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Chula Vista agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
How to find more affordable Tesla Model S insurance in Chula Vista
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest Tesla Model S insurance in Chula Vista is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in California.
First, get an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Model S coverage is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.