It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who shop around for cheaper rates are highly likely to switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that people who compared rates regularly saved on average $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving the most money on car insurance is your objective, then having some insight into how to quote and compare insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
The best way we recommend to get affordable car insurance rates in Chula Vista is to compare quotes annually from different companies who sell insurance in California. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on e-Golf insurance in Chula Vista. If you find a better price and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Immediately keep the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Auto insurance providers offering cheap rates in California
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Chula Vista, CA. To locate the best auto insurance in CA, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Affordable rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings when getting a Chula Vista car insurance quote.
- Driver Safety – Passing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total e-Golf insurance premium.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
To choose insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Can’t I compare rates from local Chula Vista auto insurance agents?
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting small agencies is definitely important in Chula Vista.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Chula Vista that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you want a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Chula Vista can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Chula Vista that may be able to give free price quotes.
Robert Osorio Insurance
513 Windy Way – Chula Vista, CA 91914 – (619) 216-0991 – View Map
Cordova Insurance Agency, Inc.
2260 Main St #8 – Chula Vista, CA 91911 – (619) 585-3470 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They are highly trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chula Vista that can give you comparison quotes.
Selecting a insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Affordable insurance premiums are out there
Cheaper insurance in Chula Vista is available from both online companies in addition to many Chula Vista insurance agents, so you need to quote Chula Vista car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about insurance can be found by following these links:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chula Vista Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Chula Vista? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)